New Smart Port Technology – The Best of Both Worlds
Our latest Type 5 Dual Port BOV made specifically for the 2015 WRX features the innovative new Smart Port drive-by-wire friendly staging technology that gives you the response of a plumb-back valve, with the high performance benefits of a vent-to-atmosphere valve. The Smart Port system involves a new piston manufacturing process utilizing specialized alloys and coatings, along with a revolutionary new vent to atmosphere trumpet design. These new designs allow for very fast response while also providing enhanced sealing. The result is quicker spool-up and better performance on modern drive-by-wire vehicles.
Smart Piston Design
The new Smart Port piston is made from aerospace alloy, reducing the weight of the piston, and improving the response of the valve.A new military-spec coating technique is applied to the surface of the piston. This low-friction material also helps make the BOV more responsive than any previous Type 5 BOV, plus has excellent wear resistant characteristics – extending the working life of the BOV.
Smart Trumpet Design
Turbosmart’s new Smart Port trumpet allows the use of a softer spring in the body of the BOV to aid in valve response to the plumb back port, while still retaining the ability to vent to atmosphere.
Our testing has seen this new valve:
- Completely eliminate stalling issues that are sometimes seen in vent to atmosphere applications
- Eliminate compressor surge, at both low throttle and engine load conditions
- Smoothly integrate with factory computer mapping, without requiring any tuning
- Easily handle boost pressures well beyond 30PSI.
- Require less maintenance due to innovative new trumpet design