Gen-V WG40M Comp-Gate40 Motorsport 14psi Black
$469.00USD (Excl. Sales Tax)
The Gen-V WG40M Comp-Gate40 Motorsport external wastegate is a cost effective, high performing 40mm external wastegate designed specifically for endurance racing or where water cooling is not …
The Gen-V WG40M Comp-Gate40 Motorsport external wastegate is a cost effective, high performing 40mm external wastegate designed specifically for endurance racing or where water cooling is not available and high thermal thresholds are required for extended periods of time.
The Gen-V provides extensive user configurability, world leading extended thermal performance, fatigue resistance and best in class flow performance for optimum control and longevity.
A direct fit upgrade to all 4th-generation Turbosmart wastegates and feature a CFD driven heatsink design, our unique collar-locking system, variable actuator cap and base, strap-type V-band clamps, liquid-cooling, 1/8″ NPT ports, and are provided with a range of springs.
- Direct swap for Turbosmart Gen 4 Comp-Gate 40, inlet is the same as other 38/40mm V-band wastegates
- 40mm valve size
- High temp spring combinations from 3 – 26psi supplied in the box
- 1/8”NPT ports
- V-band clamp mounting system to suit 1-3/4” OD pipe
- Locking collar for compact size and easy spring changes
- Available in Motorsport and Compressed Gas versions
- Hall Effect, Non-Contact Position Sensor Option Available.
It is the responsibility of Turbosmart to warn its customers and employees that some products sold on this website contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
This product does not have a CARB EO #; it is not legal for sale or use in CA on pollution controlled motor vehicles. This is intended as a "Race Only" product to be used solely for competition. It's use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization; any other use including recreational off-road use, may be a violation of local, state and federal laws. It is the buyer's responsibility to verify legal use of this product for the intended application and use.
- Wastegate unit (pre-assembled with spring as per order)
- SS316 Valve seat
- Inlet V-Band
- Inlet SS304 weld flange
- Outlet V-Band
- Outlet SS304 weld flange
- Collar tool (master/slave)
- 17/7 PH 3, 5, 7, 14 psi spring kit (1x spring installed)
- 4x 1/8” NPT plugs (1x installed) / 2x 1/8” NPT nipples
- Instruction card.
- 6MM HOSE TAIL FITTINGS & BLANKS
- 1/8" NPT TO -3AN MALE - SS
- 1/8" NPT TO -4AN MALE - SS
- HE SENSOR
- GEN-V WG40 WELDING PURGE BUNG
- 1/4" NYLON TUBING BLACK - 3M
- 1/8" NPT 90º PUSHLOC FITTING - SS - 1/4"
- 1/8" NPT TEE PUSHLOC FITTING - SS - 1/4"
- 1/8" NPT STR PUSHLOC FITTING - SS - 1/4"
- WG38/40 DIAPHRAGM REPLACEMENT KIT
- WG38/40 ACTUATOR COLLAR
- GEN-V SLAVE COLLAR / HEATSHIELD
- GEN-V WG38/40 CAP BLACK
- GEN-V WG38/40 CAP BLUE
- WG38/40 SENSOR CAP BLACK
- WG38/40 SENSOR CAP BLUE
- WG38/40 CG SENSOR CAP BLACK
- WG38/40 CG SENSOR CAP BLUE
- V-BAND REPLACEMENT NUTS - 2 PACK
- WG40 INLET WELD FLANGE
- WG40 OUTLET WELD FLANGE
- WG40 INLET / WG45 OUTLET V-BAND
- WG40 OUTLET V-BAND
- WG40 VALVE SEAT
- GEN-V DIAPHRAGM REPLACEMENT TOOL
- WG38/40 ACTUATOR COLLAR TOOL
- GEN-V CG DIAPHRAGM REPLACEMENT TOOL
- GEN-V SPRING CHANGE ASSISTANCE KIT
Frequently asked Questions…
Q: What’s the difference between this Motorsport Wastage & a normal Gen-V?
A: Greater Thermal stability. Even though the normal Gen-V range has market leading thermal stability thanks to some very unique inclusions which have proven to extend operational life, even in the most demanding environments - The Motorsport spec Gen-V range take this advantage and multiply it by spacing the actuator housing further away from the heat source & dissipating this heat via a specially designed heat sink.
Q: Do I
need to use the liquid cooling ports?
A: No. It is purely an option for extreme applications where there is limited air flow around the wastegate.
Q: Can I rotate the top housing?
A: Yes. The modular design of the Gen-V Range of External Wastegates means you can rotate the actuator housing 360 degrees, for virtually unlimited hose routing options.
Q: Will a Gen-V version fit where my 4th Generation Turbosmart Wastegate fit?
A: Yes. We made sure the inlet and outlets fitting orientation matched the previous gates for that exact reason. Literally the only thing in common between the previous design and this one, is the mounting orientation.
Q: How do I change the spring(s)?
A: You will need the locking collar tool as supplied in the box. You also need to observe the instructions and apply pressure to the top cap before you can remove the collar - This is part of the design & an important anti-vibration measure.
Q: What size are the reference fittings?
A: Both the boost control reference ports and the (Optional) liquid cooling ports are 1/8NPT. We have a range of AN adapters and high temp push-lock fittings available in the Spates and Accessories Tab.